June 20th, 2012
Any dollhouse is incomplete without furniture. You can buy miniature furniture from toy stores, but it will be more fun if you could bring in your creativity to work. Using homemade furnishing is stylish, inexpensive and completely customizable. Things available in and around the house such as empty boxes, scraps of fabric, old containers and lids etc, which are otherwise of no use, can help you in building homemade dollhouse furniture.
If you wish to make dollhouse furniture with things available in your home, here are some ideas:
- For tiny tables, make use of pizza plastic inserts that come with the pizza box. They look great if scrap pieces of fabric are used as table cloth to cover them.
- For creating a dollhouse bed, empty a cheese box and turn it upside down. Next, turn its top and glue a layer of batting to create a mattress. Use fabric to cover the batting and make a headboard using 4 ¾ inch of craft sticks. These craft sticks can be painted and placed separately to cover the entire bed horizontally and vertically. Place them together by using wood glue and attach them as a headboard to your bed.
- For creating beautiful curtains, rugs and bedding, the crocheted dollies can be a great addition. Frilly looking curtains need dollies along with satin ribbon. Matching curtains can be planned by collecting dollies and fastening them to small dowel rods with satin ribbon.
- For dollhouse furniture such as wooden drawers, empty match boxes can be a good option. They can be used to make a chest of drawers if glued together and painted with craft paint. You may even attach knobs by gluing attractive silver or gold beads to the drawers.
- For miniature trash bins, the lids from narrow hairspray cans can be used. You can make them attractive by adding crumpled paper.
So, use your imagination to create such beautiful dollhouse furniture to decorate the interiors.
Entry Filed under: Dollhouse Furniture